Thursday, July 26, 2007

Michael Vick is in the Doghouse!


Michael Vick said he is not guilty of competitive dog fighting and other federal violations associated with the dog kennel, Bad Newzz Kennels located on his property in Surry County, Virginia.

I, for one, say let the man have his day in court.

The topic of Michael Vick’s alleged wrong-doing has been plastered all over the news and almost everyone I know, Falcon’s fan or not, has an opinion concerning Vick’s guilt. Few people have approached the issue from the perspective that it is the court’s job to decide Vick’s guilt, not the media.

Atlanta sport fans are notoriously fickle and that is evidenced in our view and treatment of Michael Vick. The name Michael Vick is a part of brand Atlanta, but that does not mean the man Michael Vick is a product we can sale, make a profit from, and then discard. Without Michael Vick, the Atlanta Falcons would have had no super star and no majorly-endorsed Athlete.
If Michael Vick is truly guilty of competitive dog fighting, he deserves the penalty for his wrongdoing. He should make amends with his fans by financially supporting the animal rights movements and he should publicly apologize, but I do not think we, his once fans and supporters, should be so quick to dismiss his ability or his contributions to the Falcons. Atlanta needs Michael Vick more than Michael Vick needs Atlanta.

6 comments:

deepnthought said...

i AGREE. 100 PERCENT

DJ Black Adam said...

Weellll, I am a 49'ners fan, since we play the Falcons on November 4th (and our team sucks, so we gotta take our victories however they come), I hope he's benched UNTIL November 5th!

Your Favorite Teacher said...

I am pretty sure his season and his career may be over...

soumynona said...

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad for Vick if he surrounded himself with better colleagues. You know this country loves animals more than blacks, at least black men

Lola Gets said...

Um, hello... new post??
L

Anonymous said...

I share a love-hate relationship with digital memory because of the way prices are always,and I domean always dropping. I hate buying Micro SD Cards for my R4 / R4i at (seemingly) a bargain price only to see it become a whole lot cheaper a couple of months later.

(Posted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i SDHC[/url] NetBrowze)