
The start of the holiday season is finally here. While many of my fellow bloggers are hitting the road to be with family and friends, I always take the Thanksgiving holiday as a time to catch up on my self.
Thanksgiving always comes at the perfect time. I am exhausted: physically, emotionally, and mentally. I needed this break desperately.
Over my week, I watched Oprah and Project Runway. I overdosed on news and magazines and Fruity Peebles. I saw American Gangster.
I finished reading American Pastoral.
I am now reading We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates.
I plan to sleep in (as I have done each day). Grade something (I have stacks and stacks of essays to plow through). Watch the Green Bay Packers whip up on the Lions and jump from house to house, eating whatever looks most delicious.
My friends Jason and Maria are hosting game night at their house after dinner and I plan to end the day there. I am bringing “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?” and a bottle of Riesling.
This thanksgiving, I am very thankful for many things, but I can honestly say I most thankful for a moment to simply lie down and rest.

4 comments:
here's to some rest!
i'm glad you are enjoying your break and relaxing as much as you possibly can because we all know that will end come monday :D
happy thanksgiving!
Happy We-Stole-Your-Land-And-Killed-Your-People Day! Or as others call it Thanksgiving!
i like this entry, it seems like you got a lot done. i don't miss school one bit, and i'm glad i don't have to grade things. (although it may be in my near future) thanksgiving wasn't the same this year, but i still spent it with wonderful people (see two above) see you monday.
And you deserve some down time! Have a good break.
L
Post a Comment