Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Weekly Geography of my Life


After a brief hiatus, my weekly (ok, um… bi-monthly) blog about the events of my week is back. Hopefully, it will become a more frequent part of the blogosphere.

The Mountain: The highlight of my week has been collecting money for our school’s annual Christmas community service project. The project, sometimes called Christmas Kids, or Project Christmas Kids or Operation Christmas Kids, or the Christmas Kids Initiative (I REALLY wish someone would just give the project a real name), is when classrooms throughout my school adopt underprivileged youth from the community and provide them with the various items on their Christmas wish list. Each year, I strive to adopt five children (one kid per class). This year, however, I accepted responsibility for seven kids (two families). The deadline to collect money is Friday, December 7 and I already have almost $700. Hopefully we will reach my target goal of $1400.

The Valley: The low point of the week is my ongoing cold. Just when I thought it was gone, surprise- sniffles was back in full effect. It’s me, sniffles! I am actually going to the doctor on Thursday and will hopefully be given something to stop this awful post-nasal drip.

This week:

I am reading: We Were the Mulvaneys

I am listening to: Christmas CDs! As much as I hate to admit it, I am a fan of Christmas music. Christina Aguilera, John Legend, and Mariah Carey all have Christmas CDs that are in heavy rotation. My favorite Christmas song:

I am watching: The television screen collect dust! There is nothing on television that’s worth watching!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

i love john legend. i hate sniffles. good luck at the doctor

lydia grace said...

glad to see that you're back!
try and keep it up this time. oh, and get better already!
then again, i know exactly how you feel.

Geetali said...

Your favorite Christmas song?

Your Favorite Teacher said...

I am better. I actually wrote this last week. As you can see, I am here... Geetali! I am glad you are here!!! Hansag was making fun on me because we are facebook friends. He said he would never be my facebook friend. He's no Geetali!