Where are you going?
Where do you go?
Are you looking for answers
For reasons under the stars?
-Lyrics from “Where are you going?” By Dave Matthews

A needed rest has come. I have no idea how to categorize this break from work. I realize now that I have no idea how to categorize this break from writing. I don’t know if most people feel the need to be so far away from things, but I have felt the need to detach. Disconnectedness is dangerous. I have always known this and fought the impulse, but lately, I find myself too tired to fight it.
This break from work has provided an opportunity to read and catch up on news. I read The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and then watched the film. I also watched Atonement. Neither film was as good as the novels upon which they were based.
This week I have also been catching up on my health concerns. I have hit the track and the gym hard, and god only knows how much I needed to work out. My body is a wreck. I feel like I am wrapped in pounds and pounds of excess fat. Being at home has provided me with a chance to eat healthier and to eat less.
-Lyrics from “Where are you going?” By Dave Matthews

A needed rest has come. I have no idea how to categorize this break from work. I realize now that I have no idea how to categorize this break from writing. I don’t know if most people feel the need to be so far away from things, but I have felt the need to detach. Disconnectedness is dangerous. I have always known this and fought the impulse, but lately, I find myself too tired to fight it.
This break from work has provided an opportunity to read and catch up on news. I read The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and then watched the film. I also watched Atonement. Neither film was as good as the novels upon which they were based.
This week I have also been catching up on my health concerns. I have hit the track and the gym hard, and god only knows how much I needed to work out. My body is a wreck. I feel like I am wrapped in pounds and pounds of excess fat. Being at home has provided me with a chance to eat healthier and to eat less.

6 comments:
Hell, you should miss me, you disappearing mofo! Imma have to go back and read what the hell youve been up to these past months, hehehe.
L
Get rest, get healthy, and get ready for our last five weeks together! Book always seem to make their respective movies lose that sense of wonder that words can bring to experiences. You usually like one and not the other. Why can't people just seem to capture moments of brilliance in both worlds? I'm glad you're feeling better. You've been detaching yourself from us, and it is slightly disconcerting.
Lydia, haven't we all been detaching? Only five weeks, left... no... we will always be together... I am one of you forever...
Sometimes disconnecting is the best thing for you. It's almost disgusting how dependent our society and culture has become on so many things like cell phones, internet, IM, etc. Most people would gasp at the thought of taking some time away from writing and from "blogging" just to read some books and focus on yourself.
The gym has become one of my favorite places lately. Not only do I feel better about myself physically, but it just puts a good deal of things into perspective for me, because it allows me some time alone with myself.
I've been plowing my way through so many books lately (I think the past month I read 7 books, haha) and it feels so absolutely amazing to be reading heavily again. I'll have to agree with you that the film Atonement was no where near as wonderful as the novel, but that's usually the plight of novels-turned-big-budget-big-screen-movies.
I miss you, and I hope all is well Zack! :]
Detaching is perhaps the most effective yet hurtful defense mechanism, and I must admit that we are all gulity of it. However, I guess I am having a difficult time accepting the future's terms, and while there are many people and unnecessary obscenities I want to leave behind, there are certain passions and people that I want to carry with me forever. I am overtly excited and happy to know you feel the same. You couldn't get rid of me if you tried, anyway.
I hope you are feeling better and that your rest provided you with all the pysical and mental reassuredness you needed. Books will definitely be better than movies, memiors of a geisha is also another great one to read, full of visual innovation and vibrancy. you have been detatching from everything, including us :(
Post a Comment