
The Mountain: What a long week this has been! The new school year is in full blast and it feels as if I am already struggling to stay afloat. The highlight of this week was seeing several of my former students stop by before heading off or going back to college. Candaice, Krystal, Maryann, Tiffany, Elizabeth, Mitchell, and Imari all made my week a little better! One of the greatest rewards of being a teacher is seeing your former students well-prepared for college.
The Valley:
Atlanta has had some sporadic weather this week. Wednesday-Sunday- Each day bore witness to some blisteringly hot days that burst forth with torrential downpours. And to think Oklahoma Republican Senator James Inhofe says global warming is a hoax.
This week:I am reading: American Pastoral by Philip Roth
An American classic!
I am listening to: Cartel’s self-title new album!I am watching: Yeah, still Top Chef (Go Hung- especially since Tre’s gone!)I am ready for next week because: It’s a four day work week and I need a nap… a really long one!
The Valley:
Atlanta has had some sporadic weather this week. Wednesday-Sunday- Each day bore witness to some blisteringly hot days that burst forth with torrential downpours. And to think Oklahoma Republican Senator James Inhofe says global warming is a hoax.
This week:I am reading: American Pastoral by Philip Roth
An American classic!
I am listening to: Cartel’s self-title new album!I am watching: Yeah, still Top Chef (Go Hung- especially since Tre’s gone!)I am ready for next week because: It’s a four day work week and I need a nap… a really long one!

10 comments:
I definitely feel the same; whoever said senior AP classes were a joke was sadly mistaken. Maybe its the amount or the quality, either way, i'm struggling just to find time to eat between all the things going on. As for the Weather, I would say I'm ready for September, however, Georgia doesn't get cold till December usually. :( Maybe we will luck out this year, but I am not holding my breath.
I am going for Hun too. I was sad to see Tre go but hey, it gets that way sometime.
I think I am ready to start looking for cooler climate. I like Georgia and all but I need breezes to come through every now and then.
Lauren, your classes a challenge, but that's a good thing... Right fellow bloggers... And Deep, I am glad you are fighting for Hun.. He is an excellent chef and has such passion for his craft... I don't think you can help but be drawn to such a fighter.
I love Cartel!
I'll bring that cd to the meeting next week haha
& You'll make it through the year, Mr. Kirk, you always do because winners find a way!
As far as being prepared for college, I can honestly say you have helped me more than any teacher thus far, and I will never stop thanking you for that. See you tomorrow!
the day my kids come by and tell me they're going to college is the day i'll know i'm as old as dirt. lol... but, it must be a great feeling when they come by, all prepared for the next stage.
i don't know how hot it's been in GA, but i'd take GA heat over TX heat anyday!
LOL Blkbutterfly... I am as old as dirt... and you will be soon enough... Lydia is way too kind... Teaching my AP students was way too easy...
Please, Mr. Kirk. It may have been easy for you, but you know as well as I do that there are many an AP teacher unwilling to give a quarter of the energy you did into help us grow into the thinkers and writers you knew we could be.
Though if you're looking for a challenge, I could probably recommend a few of the students I've met here. :)
Elizabeth! What is your blog address? LOL... How is school going?
Glad to see you back again Zack - Im digging the new "bloglook", too!
L
Haha, I still don't have one. Though it couldn't keep me from reading yours, Lauren's, or Lydia's. :)
Post a Comment