Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another one bites the dust!

Another meerkat leader has gone on to the great beyond.

The Whisker family of meerkats has captivated audiences for three seasons. When leader and matriarch, Flower Whisker died violently at the hands (err.. fangs?) of a cobra, viewers mourned the loss. Now, Rocket Dog and Maybelline, the daughters of Flower, have jockeyed for power, with Rocket Dog coming out on top. Unfortunately, her rule came to a screeching halt with what some have deemed a hit and run accident.


Yes, Rocket Dog Whisker was run over in a car. Hell, I may have been driving the car. I never stop for animals. If the beast is stupid enough to run out in front of Frankie the Frontier, then the beast is stupid enough to die! I am sure that whoever ran over Rocket Dog kept it moving. Maybe dinner had to be prepared or the next episode the The Real World was getting ready to start. What is a meerkat when compared to a hungry child or a drunken Joey?


Amazingly, some people have a greater affinity for animals than they do for people. Flowers death received an actual memorial service. Some activist questioned why Animal Planet employees did not intervene when the snake entered into the Meerkat's borough or when the car ran over Rocket Dog. I guess. All creatures great and small, huh?


Until the Maybelline becomes road kill…

-Zack Kirk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I heard about that from somewhere.... maybe it was Corey Keith's blog.... I haven't watched the meerkat in a minute tho.

Shimada Boyce said...

Can you consider "pro-roadkill" a political view? Hmmm...

Holla.

lydia grace said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! Oh wow. Joel and I watched Meerkat Manor for hours one day. It's addicting, and the fact that it is portrayed as a soap opera is hysterical. I must admit, though, I have been subject to care for animals more than certain people at times, but no one is perfect, right?

Anonymous said...

Too funny!