I could not believe it.
I am sitting in the chair and four sheriff deputies come in.
My barber goes outside and comes back, announcing that the police are here to arrest him for missing child support payments.
Instead of stopping in the middle of the cut, my barber kept cutting. Shaking and holding back tears, my barber cut my hair.
I thought that I should tell him to stop, to go handle his business and not to worry about my hair. That was my first instinct. But did I do as Oprah has advised me to do MY ENTIRE LIFE? Of course not. Instead, I sat there, passively holding my hands together, hoping for the best.
For the first time in my life, I have waves. The only thing is, the waves are not in my hair, but are across my hair and face line.
For the first time in my life, I have waves. The only thing is, the waves are not in my hair, but are across my hair and face line.

12 comments:
LMAO! I refuse to let anyone cut my hair that is a) visibly angry; b) visibly emotional. No sir! No can do!
I think you look good in that picture, but you shoulda let the man get on with his arrest, lol.
L
This is why I cut my own hair. heh. :)
Wow! What a fascinating, unfortunate and hysterical experience. I guess your weekly haircut might be post-poned for obvious reasons...haha
This is truly what I call a "little earthquake". I have this theory that it is life's little earthquakes that destroy us. Imagine the barber anguish and humiliation as he had to silently cut your hair, knowing that an episode of riding in a police car awaits him. Right as you're about to evoke pity for the barber, you think about the child, or better yet the children that had to suffer in result of this man not monetarily stepping up to the plate and accepting his responsibilities. Think about all the time they have had to go without; not only money, but probably an active involvement from this man---the barber. What was he doing with his money that he couldn't pay his fucking child support? Was he splurging on Jordan's, nightclubs, or rims for his car? Was he trying to make end's meat, but couldn't stay afloat from the hustle/bustle of life? Was he a black man who could not escape societal chokeholds of rising? Did he simply not give a good goddamn about those children? Funny exchange, huh? You went in for a little cut(hair), and you got pulled into a little quake (earth).
Addictive, you are right... There are some life rules I need to follow and I am going to add the aforementioned to the list.
Lola, I am glad you like my head.
Dusty, if only it was that easy...
Lydia, my bi-weekly haircuts will continue... you can't stop the beat.
Jamal, you are right. I was experiencing an earthquake and felt an aftershock.
He was behind on payments because He's a deadbeat. I think.
Congratulations on your waves. I tried to get them, but the doo rag irritates my head.
Sorry about your barber. That's some stuff you'd see on Cops or Soul Food: The Series .
At least he finished cutting your hair. You might need to grow them waves out until he gets back. (I'm just kidding).
It's very sad that he's going to jail though.
FREE ZACK'S BARBER!!!!!
that is a story straight out of the movies! your haircut looks fine to me; the expression on your face is classic.
Why is it that our judgement seems to slip away in the barber chair? I have been there and I feel you. But in two weeks all will be fine, right? I guess that depends on if he gets those payments up!
This.is.HILARIOUS! I would've paid money to watch you sit in that chair hoping for the best! LOL!
OMG.......
i'm sad that I couldn't hear this story in person.
I don't want to poke fun at your barber but it would have been really crazy to sit there next in line for a shape up.
Post a Comment