
(Pardon me, but this was written in real-time)
Registration for the week-long workshop started at 8:15 and my team wanted to be their on time. I received at call at 7 am telling me the team was having breakfast at 7:30. I got the message at 8, when I woke up. I was peeved at leaving so early. If registration was between 8:15 and 9, why not arrive at 8:55? I just knew that, by leaving at 8 a.m. for a workshop that started at 9, we would be the first one’s to arrive and would find ourselves sitting in a vacant parking lot.
Um… no. I was wrong.
We were not the first to arrive. From the looks of the registration lines, we were among the last.
I will not name my child Patrick. Every Patrick I know looks like the Patrick from spongebob. Our presenter, Patrick, is no exception.
Our trainer has actually worked for the organization for a whole career span of one week. F--ing awesome! He’s also a civil war re-enactor. Double f--ing awesome. And he graduated from the University of Alabama. Even better, huh…
Most teachers make poor students. I hate having my time wasted. Luckily, as the day went on, I realized the time was being put to good use.
I learned a lot and I am already fired up about putting my new knowledge to good use…
Most teachers make poor students. I hate having my time wasted. Luckily, as the day went on, I realized the time was being put to good use.
I learned a lot and I am already fired up about putting my new knowledge to good use…
An overview:
Kids have to learn how to write. It is essential. Creative projects are fun and easy to design, but kids are not going to be asked to make a panorama for a college admissions essay alternative assessment or do an interpretative dance to explain symbolism in the Illiad.
Um, why were some people in Texas still wearing Jheri curls?
Kids have to learn how to write. It is essential. Creative projects are fun and easy to design, but kids are not going to be asked to make a panorama for a college admissions essay alternative assessment or do an interpretative dance to explain symbolism in the Illiad.
Um, why were some people in Texas still wearing Jheri curls?

7 comments:
My hairdresser is name Patrick and I always end up calling him Patrick Starr. And I say it like I think it is his last name. He says he don't know Patrick Starr.
I don't know why folks in Texas are still wearing jheri curls. You know, some folks live in rural towns and don't get news of latest trends until way later. I mean, think about it, the slaves in Texas didn't know for 5 months that they were free!!!! So, I don't blame them one bit.
But if I see somebody drinking from a "Coloreds Only" water fountain- that's when I'll take out my digital camera.
HILARIOUS POST!!!
Ummm people in Boston are still wearing curls too and then some of them just have hair that LOOKS like a curl.
Man that's Dallas, not sure when the last time I saw a curl in the H but I think they exist and always will...WHAT A SHAME!
-OG
Zack Just for the record slaves in Texas didn't know for 2 YEARS they were free.
-OG
"...why were some people in Texas still wearing Jheri curls?"
It aint just Texas honey, you can find those all over the place. And dont go into a beauty supply store, youll find lots of curl products still on the shelves!
But I think the better question is...why are you taking pictures of balding dudes with jheri curls??
Haha!
L
Hahahahahaha! Oh, Mr. Kirk, I love your descriptions, and your logic involving timing matters would make perfect sense to a normal human being. Unfortunately, surprises are always in store. I can't see your child being named Patrick either...
Thanks for stopping by my blog...
I've got one BETTER. I live in South Carolina and guess what. Greer, SC is the Jheri curl capital of the world! Haaaaaa!!!!
Oh, and when dealing with teacher conferences, only us young educators would even fathom that getting to registration at 8:50 for a 9am conference would suffice. Every other educator practically camps out at the door all night in order to get there first. I learned early on that you have to be there NO LESS than 45 minutes before the first workshop or you are SOL...
Post a Comment