
In April, I applied for the opportunity to represent my school district at a workshop hosted by a group calling themselves Laying the Foundation. While I have an idea of what this nebulous organization is all about, I am a little uncertain about what will be gained from this conference. Check out http://www.layingthefoundation.org and see if you can decipher what I will be learning.
I actually received an email a couple of weeks ago telling me to arrive for my 11:15 flight between 8 and 9 and I decided then and there that I would be late. The Sunday after the Independence Day Weekend was destined to be an empty boot day at the airport. Why in the world would we have to leave so early? No one was flying on the Sunday after Independence day!
After checking in, we had a two hour wait. Hmph... Guess I was right. We cruised through security.
I actually received an email a couple of weeks ago telling me to arrive for my 11:15 flight between 8 and 9 and I decided then and there that I would be late. The Sunday after the Independence Day Weekend was destined to be an empty boot day at the airport. Why in the world would we have to leave so early? No one was flying on the Sunday after Independence day!
After checking in, we had a two hour wait. Hmph... Guess I was right. We cruised through security.
As the 11th hour approached, a storm brew around us. Lightening flashed and rain poured. I realized early that our flight would be delayed. I found my corner, curled up, and went back to sleep… only to be stirred and told that we were boarding. To my pleasant surprise, we boarded right on schedule.
What was not to my pleasant surprise was that we were grounded from taking off.
Despite the looming storm around us, Delta allowed us to board the plane. We boarded and waited. And waited. And waited… on the plane… three hours… while the storm passed. I read Newsweek and Time, cover to cover, and listening to every new song upload to Earl (the iphone) in the intermission.
We finally left Atlanta at 2, and after a rocky, stomach flipping flight, arrived in Dallas at 5.
We ate a fine Italian meal and checking into the Spring Hill Suites Marriot in Irving.
The hotel is awesome. I have a full suite to myself that makes being away from home endurable.
So far I am hoping for the, but, like always, best expecting the worst.
What was not to my pleasant surprise was that we were grounded from taking off.
Despite the looming storm around us, Delta allowed us to board the plane. We boarded and waited. And waited. And waited… on the plane… three hours… while the storm passed. I read Newsweek and Time, cover to cover, and listening to every new song upload to Earl (the iphone) in the intermission.
We finally left Atlanta at 2, and after a rocky, stomach flipping flight, arrived in Dallas at 5.
We ate a fine Italian meal and checking into the Spring Hill Suites Marriot in Irving.
The hotel is awesome. I have a full suite to myself that makes being away from home endurable.
So far I am hoping for the, but, like always, best expecting the worst.
Until Delta gives me more than one pack of free cookies,
-Zack Kirk

2 comments:
Dallas ehhh, it's not the H but its nice (and HOT!)
Hope you have fun, ummmm I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what you're doing. You're gonna have to tell me after you do it!
-OG
At Eagle's Landing I never got the chance to be in your class, and therefore never got the chance to experience your humor/wisdom/insight. I kinda feel like I got robbed of the experience I could have had. It would've been a tough class, but that would have made it all the more memorable. Ah well, live and learn. Keep it up Kirk
Post a Comment